- PhD at ETH Zurich, Forest Ecology (2007)
- Advanced Studies in Applied Statistics at ETH Zurich (2005)
- Advanced Studies in Spatial Information Systems at ETH Zurich (2003)
- MSc Environmental Sciences (Geoecology) at University of Bayreuth, outstanding graduation (2002)
Main professional interests and activities
- Forest ecology: Analysis of tree growth, vitality and mortality based on tree rings, forest inventories and field experiments.
- Tomography: Screening of trees for internal heart rot decay, assessments of tree stability and estimation of carbon contents.
- Statistics & Programming: Teaching at the Plant Science Center, ETH Zurich, University of Zurich, WSL & SLF. Statistical consultancy.
- Wunder Consulting: Foundation of an independent consultancy complementary to my part-time position at ETH/WSL.
- Main projects at WSL (since March 2013):
- Projects with ETH Zurich:
- Retro- and prospective analyses of Swiss tree species
- Effects of increment coring on tree decay
- Projects with University of Auckland (New Zealand):
- Climate-growth relationship of New Zealand kauri
- Tree-ring based reconstruction of ENSO
- Research scientist, Community ecology, WSL Birmensdorf (since 03/2013)
- Scientific consultant/programmer, Wunder Consulting, Wald ZH (since 2010)
- Research associate (Oberassistent), Forest Ecology, ETH Zurich (2010-2013)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, New York (2010)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Auckland, New Zealand (2008-2009)
- Research assistant, Forest Ecology, ETH Zurich (2003-2007)
- Associate Editor for Plant Ecology (since 2013)