Dr. Marco Lehmann
+41 44 739 21 99
Institut fédéral de recherches sur la forêt, la neige et le paysage WSL
Birmensdorf Bi HL D 35
As a ecophysiologist and biogeochemist I am interested how carbon, water and nutrients move through a plant, how environmental changes drive plant physiological and metabolic responses, and how information about this processes can be derived from the stable isotopic composition of plant material. I like to combine experimental plant studies with research tools from various disciplines such as compound-specific isotope analyses (LC- & GC-IRMS, IRIS & CRDS), plant physiological measurements (gas-exchange & leaf traits), plant molecular biology (plant mutants), and biochemical approaches (enzyme activities, compound concentrations).
Recently, I lead a SNF Ambizione research project (TreeCarbo) focusing on carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen isotopic composition of carbohydrates (sugars, starch, tree-rings) to better understand how information about plant functions and climatic conditions are laid down into tree-ring archives. Besides, I develop a new compound-specific nitrogen isotope method to study wood decomposer food webs (IsoWeb).
My social media accounts:
- SNF-Ambizione Group Leader, Swiss Federal Institute WSL, "Triple isotope analysis of carbohydrates: From assimilates to tree-rings (TreeCarbo)", 05/2019 - today
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Swiss Federal Institute WSL,"Analysing temporal and spatial changes in wood decomposer food-webs using novel stable isotope techniques (Isoweb)",10/2018 - 04/2019
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Swiss Federal Institute WSL, "Oxygen isotope fractionations among plant assimilates", 01/2017 - 10/2018
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Paul-Scherrer Institute, "Developing new methods for oxygen isotope analysis", 08/2014 - 12/2016
- Ph.D. (Dr. sc.),ETH Zurich, "Carbon isotopic composition of leaf dark-respired CO2: Influence of different substrates and environmental drivers", 02/2011 - 07/2014
- Diplom (eq. M. sc.) Molecularbiology, Saarland University, "Characterization of genetic factors in the network of metal homeostasis in Arabidopsis thaliana", 04/2004 - 09/2010