Dr. Beat Frey
- 1987: dipl. ing. agr. ETH Zürich
- 1993: Dr. sc. techn. ETH Zürich
- Microbial Ecology: Application of molecular markers to characterize the structure and function of key microbial populations in the soil.
- Soil microbiome, soil microbial diversity, next generation sequencing of pyrotags
- Rhizosphere Research: Assessing of the complex plant-soil-microbe interactions under the impact of global change
- Biogeochemistry: Elucidation of undesirable effects on key mircobial processes (litter decomposition and CO2 effluxes from soils) by management practises and anthropogenic impact
"Bodenbiologie" ETH Zürich 701-0524-00L, along with Otto Daniel